Saturday Mar 12, 2022
No More Surprises! How Provisions of the No Surprises Act Will Impact Employer-Sponsored Health Plans In 2022
Jack Towarnicky, an ERISA/Employee Benefits compliance and planning attorney, having over forty years of experience in human resources and plan sponsor leadership roles joins ehealth Radio and the Healthcare and Legal Channels.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels and guest Jack Towarnicky discuss the following:
- What’s your best advice for workers when it comes to “Surprise” medical bills?
- As an employee benefits expert, what advice can you offer employees that is most beneficial regarding their employer-sponsored health plan?
- I thought you had to enroll in a health plan with a high deductible to be eligible to contribute to a Health Savings Account. Is this true?
- Let’s say my employer offers two different PPO options, one with a $600 deductible and the other is HSA-capable with a $1,400 deductible. Why would I sign up for the higher deductible option?
- Given that the employer spend is usually the same for all coverage options, why would they offer HSA-capable coverage?
Jack Towarnicky Member, aequum LLC
As an ERISA/Employee Benefits compliance and planning attorney, Jack has over forty years of experience in human resources and plan sponsor leadership roles. This includes twenty-five years as the leader of a Fortune 100 corporation’s benefits function. While serving in those roles, Jack and his team won a multitude of individual, team and corporate recognitions. In 2020 Jack joined aequum and provides plan drafting and compliance services to employers and plan sponsors.
Founded in 2020, aequum LLC serves third-party administrators, medical cost management companies, stop-loss carriers, employer-sponsored health plans and brokers nationwide to protect plan participants, improve employee satisfaction with their health care plans, and generate plan and participant cost savings. aequum helps patients defend medical balance bills and brings savings to employer-sponsored health plans by providing administrative and other services to its partners. In addition, its sister organization, Koehler Fitzgerald LLC, provides legal advocacy to plan participants.
Social Media Links:
To leave or reply to comments, please download free Podbean or
To leave or reply to comments,
please download free Podbean App.