Dr. Michelle Aristizabal, an OBGYN and author of a book written for both the medical community and anyone looking to have a baby - "Natural Labor and Birth -an Evidence - Based Guide to the Natural Birth Plan" joins eHealth Radio and the Health News and Pregnancy Channels.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & guest Dr. Michelle Aristizabal discuss the following:
- This is the first and only book about labor and natural birth that is based on facts. Can you explain what the book is about?
- What are the current rates for Cesarean sections in the U.S. today and why is this a big deal?
- You have seen first hand and also believe the actual curriculums at medical schools must be changed so that more women can give birth naturally, if they desire, and also so that it is more accepted on all levels of the medical community to embrace a natural child birth when appropriate. Can you expand on this?
- Your book is fascinating and I see you don't just lay out the facts of how women in labor are treated in the U.S. today, but you also offer options and solutions for doctors, nurses and women to consider. Can you name a few here?
- "Natural Labor and Birth" is written for both women who are expecting or planning to get pregnant and the medical community. It's a great crossover book. Tell our listeners where to purchase this book?
- Dr. Aristizabal, is there a tip you can offer our listeners if they are pregnant and wishing to have a natural labor and delivery?
Michelle Aristizabal, MD, FACOG is a board-certified General Obstetrician and Gynecologist in Montclair, NJ. She runs a busy, private practice with a special focus on supporting women who desire low-intervention, unmedicated births. Dr. Aristizabal earned her medical degree from the University of Arizona and completed her obstetrics training at Saint Barnabas Medical Center in Livingston, NJ.
As an attending physician, she has worked tirelessly to expand the acceptance of natural birth practices within her local medical community and educates medical students and resident physicians in alternative labor management techniques. Her new book "Natural Labor and Birth -an Evidence - Based Guide to the Natural Birth Plan" was published by McGraw Hill.