Dr. Nina Savelle-Rocklin, a psychoanalyst who specializes in the treatment of eating disorders and writes the award-winning blog, Make Peace With Food joins eHealth Radio and the Weight Managment Channel.
- There’s been a lot of coverage in the media lately about eating disorders in men and boys. Why is this becoming more prevalent?
- What do you attribute to the shift in attitudes towards male eating disorders?
- Is there any difference between eating disorders in women and men?
- What are the particular struggles that men have in terms of dealing with eating disorders?
- Would you be saying that eating disorders are ultimately about emotions?
Dr. Nina Savelle-Rocklin, Psy.D., is a psychoanalyst who specializes in helping people stop dieting and start living their best lives. Through her private practice in the Los Angeles area and her award-winning blog and podcast, Dr. Nina provides a fresh understanding of problem eating. Her personal experience gives her an understanding of what it's like to struggle with this issue, and she knows that recovery is possible. She provides empathy and understanding, as well as professional and clinical expertise, in the treatment of eating issues.
Dr. Nina's blog, Make Peace With Food, was named a "Best Eating Disorder Blog" by Healthline in 2012 and 2013, and her popular podcast, Win The Diet War with Dr. Nina, was named "New & Noteworthy" by iTunes. She recently launched a YouTube channel, The Dr. Nina Show, in which she shares "food for thought" on how to have a happier, healthier relationship to food.