John Gobbels, the Chief Operating Officer/Vice President and transport expert for MedjetAssist, the premier global air-medical transport membership program for travelers joins eHealth Radio and the Health Care Information Channel.
Listen to interview [audio player below] with host Eric Michaels & guest John Gobbels discuss the following:
- How does Medjet differ from travel insurance? Why is the service a good supplement to travel insurance?
- How can Medjet benefit both leisure and business travelers?
- What are the various types of membership program options that Medjet offers and how do they work?
- How has Medjet seen a resurgence of international travel compared to the past few years? Explain how the service can save travelers up to hundreds of thousands of dollars in transport costs, especially when traveling internationally.
- Describe a couple of the most dramatic types of transports that Medjet has handled.
John Gobbels brings over 23 years of pre-hospital and hospital service and management experience to his role as vice president and COO of MedjetAssist. Since joining the premier medical evacuation membership program in 2006 as director of transport operations, Mr. Gobbels has been responsible for complete oversight of all transport and repatriation operations.
Before moving from his hometown of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, to Medjet’s headquarters in Birmingham, Alabama, Mr. Gobbels spent 13 years with STAT MedEvac, the air ambulance arm of the renowned University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC). During his tenure, he played integral roles in almost all aspects of the program, from base operations to communications and clinical operations.
For six years Mr. Gobbels served as clinical director of STAT MedEvac, overseeing compliance with the Commission on Air-Medical Transport Systems (CAMTS), as well as the continuing education requirements for all clinical staff. Previously, he was a flight nurse and paramedic. Mr. Gobbels began his career with UPMC in 1991 as a critical care nurse.
Mr. Gobbels holds a Masters degree in Management and Information Technology from Carlow University in Pittsburgh, PA., as well as multiple degrees in health care.
Related Web Site: medjetassist.com