Dr. Nikki Martinez, Psychologist and Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor joins eHealth Radio and the Health News, Mental Health & TeleMedicine Channels talks about learning to live with chronic illness.
- What is your story in regards to chronic illness?
- What is the hardest issue to accept about a diagnosis and life change?
- How can a client reform their goals?
- How can therapy help the individual?
- How can they be sure they heard and supported by MD's?
Summary: With a willingness to ask for help, adjusting your goals, and not letting your illness become your identify, you can live a full and happy life.
Dr. Nicole Martinez received her Masters and her Doctorate from Illinois School of Professional Psychology, and completed her predoctoral and post-doctoral fellowship at Gateway Foundation in Lake Villa, Illinois. She is a Professional Psychologist, an Adjunct Professor for 2 graduate programs, a Blogger for the Huffington Post, everyday Power Blog, several other publications, and is a Contributor to the Chicago Tribune. She works as a consultant on medical cases, as well as tund trainings for others. She recently published 4 books.