Dr. Bassam Damaj, the President and CEO, and a member of the Board of Directors of Innovus Pharmaceuticals joins eHealth Radio and the Health Care Channel. (OTCBB: INNV). Headquartered in La Jolla, CA, Innovus Pharma is an emerging pharmaceutical company that develops, in-licenses, acquires and markets proprietary pharmaceutical products with unique packaging and presentation for better patient compliance and results.
Listen to interview [audio player below] with host Eric Michaels & guest Dr. Bassam Damaj discuss the following:
- As CEO of Innovus Pharma, what opportunities do you see for the company?
- What is your strategy for growing the company?
- Innovus Pharma is focusing strongly on international markets. Why did you decide on this course of action?
- What are your core products and why did you select them?
- Your company has products for treating arthritis, psoriasis, and other skin conditions. What advice would you give to those who must cope with ongoing conditions that may be treated, but not cured?
- What advice would you give to our listeners to improve in some area of their health?
Before joining Innovus Pharma, Dr. Damaj served as President and Chief Executive Officer of Apricus Biosciences, Inc., (NASDAQ: APRI) from December 2009 until November 2012. At Apricus Bio, Dr. Damaj was responsible for the approval of its lead drug Vitaros, a treatment for erectile dysfunction. Dr. Damaj also signed multimillion dollar partnerships between Apricus Bio and leading pharmaceutical companies such as Abbott, Novartis-Sandoz and Takeda.
Before Apricus Bio, Dr. Damaj was a co-founder of Bio-Quant, Inc. and served as the Chief Executive Officer and Chief Scientific Officer and a Director of Bio-Quant's board of directors from its inception in June 2000 until its acquisition by Apricus Biosciences in June 2011. In addition, Dr. Damaj was the founder, Chairman, President & Chief Executive Officer of R&D Healthcare, and the co-founder of Celltek Biotechnologies. He also served as a Director of the Board of Directors at CreAgri, Inc. and was Member of Scientific Advisory Board of MicroIslet, Inc.
Dr. Damaj is the author of the Immunological Reagents and Solutions reference book, the inventor of many patents and author of numerous peer reviewed scientific publications. Dr. Damaj won a U.S. Congressional award for the Anthrax Multiplex Diagnostic Test in 2003. Dr. Damaj holds a Ph.D. degree in Immunology/Microbiology from Laval University and completed a postdoctoral fellowship in molecular oncology from McGill University.
Related Web Site: www.innovuspharma.com