Laurie Neronha an award-winning herbalist, certified Acne Specialist, licensed esthetician since 1997 and an educator for Oncology Spa Solutions joins eHealth Radio and the Health News and Skin Care Channels to discuss how to use herbs for healthy skin!
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & guest Laurie Neronha discuss the following:
- Herbs have been used throughout antiquity for health and healing. I know your specialty is skincare, so could you share with us some ways we can take advantage of their benefits for our skin?
- That sounds pretty simple. What proportions of herb to water do you recommend?
- What are some other ways to prepare herbs for use on the skin?
- Now that you’ve told us some ways to use them, can you tell us which herbs we should use?
- Do you have any other favorite herbal skin care tricks?
Summary: Get yourself a good book on herbs! 2 suggestions: Don’t be afraid of herbs, they are amazing healers, but they are not a substitute for medical care. If you see signs of infection in your skin, go to the doctor!
Since 1997 Laurie Neronha has been working full time as a licensed esthetician in Providence, RI. A longtime student of medical herbalism, aromatherapy and wellness, she has integrated her diverse knowledge into her daily work with clients.
In 2011 she became a certified Acne Specialist, and has cleared hundreds of clients of all ages with moderate to severe acne. Laurie has been quoted in multiple online and print publications, including SheKnows.com, Myhealthdaily.com, Slashedbeauty.com, Providence Journal, Rhode Island Monthly, East Side Monthly, and many others. Her television interviews have won several Pegasus Awards for content.
Currently she is a small business owner, and new recipient of the Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Business Scholarship program. As a regional educator for Oncology Spa Solutions she travels the East Coast training other spa professionals how to safely care for clients before, during and after anti-cancer therapies.