How can you be sure you aren’t overpaying your medical bills? A Medical Claims Advocate can help you!
Susan Null, principal at Systemedic, Inc. a nationally recognized medical claims advocate based in New York joins eHealth Radio and the Healthcare and Health News Channels. Null and her company use their decades of experience detecting medical billing errors, inconsistencies, and unethical practices along with their hands-on coding and billing knowledge to ensure that consumers pay only for legitimate medical expenses.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels and guest Susan Null discuss the following:
- What is a medical claims advocate?
- Why do people seek out your services? Why are those services needed?
- What services do you provide as a medical claims advocate?
- When someone receives a medical bill, what steps should he/she take to ensure that the bill is correct?
- Given the Covid-19 healthcare crisis, are there any specific billing issues that people should be concerned about?
Sue Null is a principal at Systemedic, Inc. and brings more than 30 years’ experience in marketing and client service to the table. She has spent the last 14 years providing front-line support to the company’s medical billing and advocacy clients, focusing on negotiating with insurers and medical facilities and spearheading communications with insurance companies on behalf of her clients.
As the daughter of and sister to a general surgeon, pathologist, and orthopedic surgeon, Sue brings a lifetime of inside exposure to medicine, an insight used every day as she advocates for her clients. Her BA from the University of Pennsylvania, along with her early-career experience in public relations and marketing, provide the framework for advocacy efforts.