Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels and guest Tony Landretti discuss the following:
- How old is L.R. Rice Honey and Rice Family Honey and does the original family still own and run it?
- How do you make your honey – and where?
- What does “raw and unfiltered honey” mean and why does it matter?
- Can you share some of the health benefits honey provides?
- Where can we buy the honey?
- Honey sometimes crystalizes - is it still good when this happens?
L.R. Rice founded Rice's Lucky Clover Honey LLC, headquartered in Greeley, Colorado in 1924. This women-owned, family operated company, now in its 5th generation, remains a leading producer of authentic, high quality, raw, and unfiltered honey. The company’s honey is 100% pure, local United States, raw and unfiltered honey. Ronna Rice is the fifth-generation CEO and co-owner of Rice’s Lucky Clover Honey LLC, which is headquartered in Greeley and a leading producer of authentic, raw and unfiltered honey.
When the company first began in 1924, the family worked bee yards, extracted honey, filled and labeled glass jars, then sold products door to door in Northern Colorado. Since that time, Rice’s Lucky Clover Honey has established and nurtured long-standing relationships with beekeeper families throughout the United States. This allows for quality U.S. honey to be packed in every bottle of Rice’s Lucky Clover Honey. Our customized filling process and system ensures the natural pollen and enzymes of the raw honey remain in every bottle.
Rice’s Lucky Clover Honey has generated significant brand equity through its commitment to producing high quality, premium, raw, and unfiltered honey at affordable prices.