Dr. Michiel Bosman MD & PhD the Founder of Open Forest, a self-help online protocol designed to help users with their mental health issues joins eHealth Radio the Health News & Mental Health Channels.
Listen to host Eric Dye & guest Dr. Michiel Bosman discuss the following:
- Can you tell us the story behind Open Forest and why you created it? What is your background?
- What results are you finding with Open Forest and from the people you talk to that are using it?
- Is there a specific audience or problem that Open Forest helps the most?
- How is Open Forest changing the way we manage our mental health care? In other words, does having the opportunity to have "on demand" help make a significant difference for users and why?
- Does Open Forest work in concert with your mental health or medical professional or is it a stand alone product so that users don't need to rely on your traditional medical/mental health professional as much and/or in times of crisis or is Open Forest more of an "as you go" health tool and why?
As a psychiatrist, I am always on the lookout for truly epic content about mental health issues to share with my patients. This collection of evidence-based, useful and relevant articles has lead to the Open Forest initiative. My MD/PhD crew and I add new content daily, with the help of an ever-growing group of contributors from all over the world!
We not only offer unique, high-quality blog posts, but also mental health self-tests and our acclaimed self-help modules.
Whether you use these self-help modules on your own, or in a “blended therapy” setting (which basically means you combine self-help modules and regular counseling sessions), we are pretty sure you will find the website useful.
The views and opinions expressed on any program are those of the persons appearing on the program and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of the eHealth Radio Network.