Dr. Oliver Kharraz, the Chief Operating Officer and co-founder of ZocDoc, a service that helps patients find doctors, dentists, and other healthcare providers, and book appointments instantly joins eHealth Radio and the Health & Technology Channel.
Listen to interview [audio player below] with host Eric Michaels & guest Dr. Oliver Kharraz discuss the following:
- Tell me about what ZocDoc is and your role in the company.
- Why is this an important service for both the patient and the physician?
- Does this service cost anything for the patient to use?
- What type of healthcare providers are offered on this site?
- How does this service differ from other doctor search sites, like the ones listed by insurance companies?
- This is certainly a phenominal service for both the patient and the doctors office....is this service available nationwide?
Oliver Kharraz, MD, is Chief Operating Officer and founder of ZocDoc. Dr. Kharraz is the most recent doctor in a 300-year family tradition. Over the course of his wide-ranging career, Dr. Kharraz has accrued comprehensive experience effecting change and building efficiency in large scale healthcare organizations using information technology.
Prior to ZocDoc, Dr. Kharraz was an Associate Principal at the global management consulting firm McKinsey & Company. During his seven-year tenure at McKinsey & Co., Dr. Kharraz developed and implemented new patient utilization models for the national health services of a number of governments and major hospital chains.
In 1994, Dr. Kharraz built and sold his first business – a forerunner of early internet software. He later became a resident doctor at the clinic of Ludwig Maximilian University in Munich, where he earned an MD and a Doctorate in Neuroscience. Dr. Kharraz also has a Masters Degree in Philosophy from the Jesuit College of Philosophy in Munich.
Born in Germany, Dr. Kharraz immigrated to the U.S. during his work for McKinsey & Co., where he met future ZocDoc founder and CEO Cyrus Massoumi. He currently resides in Brooklyn, NY, with his wife and their twin daughters.
Related Web Site: www.zocdoc.com