Friday Nov 19, 2021
Educating Physicians and Patients on the Silent Epidemic of Fatty Liver Disease
Dr. Darryn Richard Potosky, MD, a Board Certified Gastroenterologist and Hepatologist joins eHealth Radio and the Health News and Technology Channels to discuss innovations to help both physicians and patients fight the silent epidemic of fatty liver disease.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels and guest Dr. Darryn Richard Potosky discuss the following:
- What is the prevalence of fatty liver disease, and who should be monitored?
- Fatty liver disease is often referred to as a “silent killer” -- What can patients do if they are potentially at risk without realizing?
- What innovations or lifestyle changes do you see helping to reverse the liver disease epidemic?
- What is the importance of routine monitoring for liver diseases? When and how often should physicians monitor a patients liver?
- What can patients do to prevent or reverse liver diseases, and to keep their livers healthy?
Darryn Potosky, MD is a board certified gastroenterologist and hepatologist and is an Assistant Professor of Medicine in the Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology at the University of Maryland School of Medicine in Baltimore, Maryland. He also serves as the current Director of Hepatology.
Dr. Potosky received his undergraduate degree from the University of Maryland College Park and his medical degree from the University of Maryland School of Medicine in Baltimore, Maryland. He completed his postgraduate training in internal medicine at the University of Maryland and Baltimore VA Medical Centers, where he was chosen as chief resident. He performed his gastroenterology and hepatology fellowship also at the University of Maryland and Baltimore VA Medical Centers. In addition, Dr. Potosky has completed a one year fellowship at the University of Maryland in transplant hepatology, focusing on the care of patients in and around the time of liver transplantation./p>
Echosens, the developer of FibroScan®, is an innovative high-technology company offering a full range of products and services supporting physicians in their assessment and management of patients with chronic liver diseases. FibroScan is supported by over 2,500 peer-reviewed publications and examinations are covered by Medicare, Medicaid and many insurance plans.
Social Media Links:
To leave or reply to comments, please download free Podbean or
To leave or reply to comments,
please download free Podbean App.