Dr. Stephen A. Harrison, gastroenterologist and hepatologist, joins eHealth Radio and the Health News & Technology Channels to discuss the role FibroScan technology has played in the management of patients with liver disease.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels and guest Dr. Stephen A. Harrison discuss the following:
- Please share with us the ongoing need for assessing liver stiffness and fat as part of a liver health assessment – and why the detection of fatty liver disease remains such a pressing challenge for Americans, especially during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- How does FibroScan tie into your clinical workflow? How might other clinicians be able to utilize it?
- Tell us about the successes you are seeing as a result of the FibroScan FAST score implementation and the research you’ve gathered from it.
- What work is being done to improve any previous high screen failure rates? Has there been any improvement since late phase clinical trials?
- Do you have any patient stories that you could share with us about the success of monitoring liver stiffness and fat with FibroScan?
- What will your focus be on continuing to bring awareness of NAFLD diagnosis and treatment in a post-pandemic world?
- Where do you see this research going in terms of the management of liver disease and improving outcomes for patients?
Dr. Stephen A. Harrison, M.D., FACP, FAASLD, retired COL, USA, MC, gastroenterologist and hepatologist, medical director of Pinnacle Clinical Research, and visiting professor of Hepatology, University of Oxford.
Echosens, the developer of FibroScan®, is an innovative high-technology company offering a full range of products and services supporting physicians in their assessment and management of patients with chronic liver diseases. FibroScan is supported by over 2,500 peer-reviewed publications and examinations are covered by Medicare, Medicaid and many insurance plans.