Dr. Sheeba Ben, a pediatrician at Riverside Pediatric Group in Hoboken, New Jersey prescribes probiotics for her patients to help prep them for Back To School and joins eHealth Radio and the Childrens Health and Nutrition Channels.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & guest Dr. Sheeba Ben discuss the following:
- What are some of the reasons why it is particularly important for children to take probiotics during Back To School time?
- How exactly do probiotics provide immune health support?
- What are some of the everyday symptoms that probiotics can help relieve?
- In addition to getting ready to go Back To School, what are some other specific instances where you have prescribed probiotics to your patients?
- Which probiotic supplement do you prescribe to your patients?
Dr. Sheeba Ben is a pediatrician at Riverside Pediatric Group in New Jersey. She has a special interest in caring for children with asthma and allergies and believes that communication is key in providing good patient care, especially to ensure proper follow-up and compliance with treatment.
Dr. Ben completed her medical degree at the American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine and her residency in Pediatrics at the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey. She is Board Certified in Pediatrics and is a Fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics. In 2009, the Consumer Research Council of America included her in their list of “America’s Top Pediatricians.”