- Tell us about how technology is changing dentistry: what can people expect from a modern dental practice?
- While technology advancements are exciting, it doesn't replace experience. Tell us about the various certifications that dentists can earn and what a consumer should look for?
- There's a great deal of focus on "beautiful smiles." As a dentist who specializes in aesthetic dentistry, what do you feel people need to understand about creating a more attractive smile?
- Are there pitfalls in aesthetic dentistry - and is the "do it yourself" trend a positive or negative thing? Why or why not?
- What are the key dentistry trends or important issues you'd like people to be aware of for 2020?
Dr. Charles Sutera DMD, FAGD, is the Founder of Aesthetic Smile Reconstruction, and is a leader in delivering advanced multidisciplinary dentistry. He has completed post graduate education programs in the fields of dental anesthesiology, smile aesthetics, dental implantology, TMJ and oral surgery. Dr. Sutera is board certified in moderate parenteral sedation by the Massachusetts Dental Board. He completed the coveted Aesthetic Advantage program at New York University which is recognized as a leader in veneers, smile makeovers, and facial aesthetics training.
Dr. Sutera has also earned the distinguished designation of Fellow in the Academy of General Dentistry )FAGD) and is recognized in the dentistry field as a leader, exemplifying to other dentists the importance of quality continuing dental education.
Dr. Sutera completed his implant training at the Whitecap Surgical Center in Salt Lake City, extensive periodontal training at the GIDE Institute, and has trained in 3rd molar surgery. He continues to maintain certification in proficiency by the Academy of Laser Dentistry, and is a recognized Invisalign provider. He strives to make treatment a comforting process, encourages patient involvement, and is meticulous in achieving the highest level of results. He attended Gettysburg College where he earned the prestigious Presidential Scholarship each year of attendance. He studied dentistry at Tufts School of Dental Medicine, and after graduating he has practiced in Portland, Boston, and Waltham, MA.