Céline Fournier, PhD, Chief Medical Officer, Echosens Discusses the Clinical Evidence and Future of Liver Screening Technology
Céline Fournier, PhD, the Chief Medical Officer of Echosens, a high-technology company offering the FibroScan family of products, joins eHealth Radio and the Health News and Technology Channels to discuss the robust clinical data FibroScan has and Echosens plan to continue building clinical evidence.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels and guest Dr. Céline Fournier discuss the following:
- Could you tell us about the robust level of evidence FibroScan has and how many communications and guidelines recommend the value of FibroScan?
- What is Echosens plan to continue building clinical evidence?
- How might existing research on FibroScan impact NAFLD/NASH drug development?
- If you were to look into the future when the drugs for fibrotic NASH become available, how do you see FibroScan best supporting clinical practice for managing patients on treatment?
- Could you tell us about the clinical data strategy Echosens has in place and what long term goals you anticipate?
Céline Fournier, PhD, age 45, is presently Chief Medical Officer of Echosens (Paris, France). She graduated from University of Technology of Compiègne Engineering School (France) in Bioengineering in 1998. During the course of her engineering training, she studied one year at the University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, USA). She then went to the Laboratory of Parametric Imaging (Paris, France) to work on skin tissue characterization by ultrasound and defended her PhD in Bioengineering in 2002. She joined Echosens a few months later as Medical Affairs Manager to conduct the first multicenter clinical trial to validate the diagnosis performances of FibroScan. In 2012, she became Medical and Regulatory Affairs Director. As CMO since 2017, she is globally responsible for Clinical Operation, Medical Affairs as well as Clinical Application and Training.
Echosens, the developer of FibroScan®, is an innovative high-technology company offering a full range of products and services supporting physicians in their assessment and management of patients with chronic liver diseases. FibroScan is supported by over 2,500 peer-reviewed publications and examinations are covered by Medicare, Medicaid and many insurance plans.