Craig Newman, Chief Strategy Officer of HealthChannels, a suite of three specialized companies whose collective goal is to enable providers to improve clinical outcomes by providing highly-skilled care team support joins eHealth Radio and the Healthcare and Health News Channels.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & guest Craig Newman discuss the following:
- Can you describe how CareThrough is operationalizing the shift from fee-for-service to value-based care?
- What is a Care Navigator and how do they fit into the clinical team?
- Research shows that CareThrough navigation improves health outcomes for patients and expedites the referral process, how so?
- How do Chronic Care Management (CCM) programs work, and how much does Chronic Care Management cost the patient?
- You live in Washington DC and must hear about policy changing quite a bit. What advice do you give to partners who are constantly having to pivot strategy and how does CareThrough help?
Craig Newman serves as the Chief Strategy Officer for HealthChannels where he provides partners with critical insights to navigate the changing healthcare landscape in the United States, Canada, and Australia. Newman’s work focuses on analyzing health system functionality and right-sizing clinical teams to ensure doctors work top-of license.
With the increase of provider burn-out due to administrative burden, along with changing healthcare policies, Newman deploys medical scribes and care navigation programs to drive consistent results for provider organizations. Through its sister companies ScribeAmerica and CareThrough, HealthChannels oversees the recruitment, hiring and training process of medical scribes and navigators to address the myriad of population health needs of hospital systems, Emergency Departments, and outpatient clinics.
Newman is a trusted source on healthcare policy, revenue-cycle management and the shift to value-based care, and was recently featured in Digital Journal. He also leads the Client Solutions Team to develop new strategic initiatives to better serve HealthChannels partners.
Prior to joining HealthChannels, Newman spent over eight years with the Advisory Board Company, a leading healthcare research and solutions firm. While with the Advisory Board, Craig worked in a consultative role to support hospitals and health systems with their service line planning and clinical technology assessment. Newman also worked to launch several initiatives focused on network strategy, referral management, and various use cases for leveraging real time-predictive analytics. He currently resides in Washington, D.C.