Dr. Randy Kamen, psychologist, educator and author of Behind the Therapy Door: Simple Strategies to Transform Your Life joins eHealth Radio and the Stress Management and Personal Development Channels.
- What’s your expertise and focus in the field of psychology?
- Your book is titled “Behind the Therapy Door”. Does this mean you advocate that therapists should be more open about their professional knowledge and role in their patients’ journey?
- What are some of the toughest challenges women face and what are the most important skills you teach them to deal with these challenges, as discussed in your book?
- In your opinion, what makes your approach different from other experts in your field?
- What would you consider the single most important thing we can all do on a daily basis to deal with challenges and transform our life for the better?
- How does abdominal breathing work?
Randy Kamen, ED.D. is the author of Behind the Therapy Door: Simple Strategies to Transform Your Life. She is a psychologist and educator who has pioneered new territory in mind-body medicine at Boston University's School of Medicine and Harvard's Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital. She has long been on the leading edge of her profession, integrating insight oriented and cognitive behavioral therapy with holistic methods in her research and clinical work. She helps women build on their strengths and implement new strategies to deepen their experience of insight, healing, and happiness.
Dr. Kamen has appeared on numerous TV and radio programs. She writes for the Huffington Post and other media outlets. Follow her on Twitter and Facebook @DrRandyKamen to learn about her speaking engagements and women's retreats on Martha's Vineyard and around the country or visit her website DrRandyKamen.com.