Dr. Marc Halpern, one of the leaders in the field of Yoga Therapy in the United States and the Founder and Director of the California College of Ayurveda joins eHealth Radio and the Health and Yoga Channels.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & guest Dr. Marc Halpern discuss the following:
- Yoga has become a household word. Ayurveda is still new but its popularity is growing rapidly. What is the relationship between these two practices?
- I seem to be hearing the term "Yoga Therapy" more and more often. Can you tell me what Yoga Therapy is?
- You specialize in a type of Yoga Therapy called Ayurvedic Yoga Therapy. Can you tell our audience about this?
- Can you give some simple examples of how yoga can be approached on an individual basis?
- How does someone become an Ayurvedic Yoga Therapist?
Dr. Marc Halpern is the founder and President of the California College of Ayurveda and the author of the popular book, Healing Your Life; Lessons on the Path of Ayurveda. A leader in the fields of Ayurveda and Yoga, he is the co-founder of the National Ayurvedic Medical Association (USA) and the California Association of Ayurvedic Medicine. He also sits on the advisory boards of Light on Ayurveda Journal in the United States and the Journal of Research and Education in Indian Medicine in India.
Dr. Halpern’s contributions to the field have earned him the highest level of awards in both countries. He has published hundreds of articles in popular journals and magazines of Ayurveda and Yoga and is a regular speaker at Ayurvedic and Yoga conferences. A Doctor of Chiropractic, a Clinical Ayurvedic Specialist, a certified Yoga Teacher in the Sivananda tradition, a Specialist in Holistic Medicine, an author and teacher, Dr. Marc Halpern gives 100% to his passion for healing and removing the causes of suffering.