Whetu Moataane, who manages the Shareholder Engagement Team for Awhi Mānuka Honey that is one of the most researched honeys in the world, and widely used for health, healing and wellbeing joins eHealth Radio and the Health News and Nutrition Channels.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels and guest Whetu Moataane discuss the following:
- For the benefit of our listeners, please give us an overview about Awhi Mānuka honey.
- What do you do to let consumers know that Awhi is indeed the real thing, that your brand of Mānuka honey is authentic?
- What are some of the potential or popular health benefits associated with Mānuka honey?
- In terms of food, what goes well with Mānuka honey?
- What else should consumers know about Awhi?
- Where are BEE & YOU products sold in the US market?
Whetu Moataane joined Awhi in October 2018, employed as the Tikanga and Brand Manager. He brings to the Awhi a wealth of experience in Māori education, cultural and language revitalisation, communications and iwi (tribal) development. He is the chair of Te Kāhui o Paerangi (the Ngāti Rangi tribal group) and a governor on the Ngāti Rangi governance boards, Te Tōtarahoe o Paerangi and Ngā Waihua o Paerangi. Whetu is of Ngāti Uenuku, Ngāti Rangi, Tūwharetoa and Ngāi Tahu descent.
ABOUT Manuka Honey
Pure and potent, Awhi Mānuka honey is harvested by hand just once a year. Our bees have a single home for life, to reduce stress and ensure the honey they produce is consistently high quality.
Awhi Mānuka honey is certified for purity and quality by the independent Unique Mānuka Factor (UMF) Honey Association. Its testing process measures three signature compounds – Leptosperin, DHA and Methylglyoxal – and verifies that each jar contains genuine Mānuka honey from New Zealand
New Zealand’s Mānuka plant has been used for medicinal purposes by Māori for generations. The unique properties of Mānuka honey have made it one of the most researched honeys in the world, and it’s widely used for health, healing and wellbeing.