Tuesday Oct 04, 2022
Advanced EOB: How it works for healthcare consumers and employer-sponsored health plan members
Christine Cooper, the CEO of aequum LLC and the Co-Managing Member of Koehler Fitzgerald LLC, a law firm with a national practice. Christine leads the firm’s health care practice and is dedicated to assisting and defending plans and patients again joins ehealth Radio and the Healthcare and Health News Channels.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels and guest Christine Cooper discuss the following:
- What is the Explanation of Benefits or “EOB”? What role does it plan in your employer-sponsored health plan?
- What is an “Advanced” Explanation of Benefits (EOB), and how does it work for healthcare consumers and employer-sponsored health plan members?
- How can health plan members ask for an Advanced EOB?
- How does a member evaluate an Advanced EOB when received? How can they request another quote for the same procedure from a different provider?
- How can members work with its plan administrator for guidance and to identify a reasonable price for procedure?
Christine M. Cooper is the CEO and Member, of aequum LLC. A patent lawyer recruited to Koehler Fitzgerald LLC in 2016 because of her large law firm experience and IT skills, Christine was quickly elevated to a member of Koehler Fitzgerald LLC and leads the health care practice. Christine is the CEO of aequum and is dedicated to assisting and defending plans and patients.
Founded in 2020, aequum LLC serves third-party administrators, medical cost management companies, stop-loss carriers, employer-sponsored health plans and brokers nationwide to protect plan participants, improve employee satisfaction with their health care plans, and generate plan and participant cost savings. aequum helps patients defend medical balance bills and brings savings to employer-sponsored health plans by providing administrative and other services to its partners. In addition, its sister organization, Koehler Fitzgerald LLC, provides legal advocacy to plan participants.
Social Media Links:
To leave or reply to comments, please download free Podbean or
To leave or reply to comments,
please download free Podbean App.