Dr. Nikki Martinez, Psychologist and Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor joins eHealth Radio and the Health News, Mental Health & TeleMedicine Channels discusses adult coloring and how it is not just a fad, but also a function.
- Why do Psychologist's prescribe adult coloring books to their clients?
- How can the books help with emotional and mental health issues?
- What are the intellectual benefits of coloring?
- How is this a form of practicing mindfulness?
- What inspired you to make your own Adult coloring book, 50 Ways to Color Your Cares Away?
Dr. Nicole Martinez received her Masters and her Doctorate from Illinois School of Professional Psychology, and completed her predoctoral and post-doctoral fellowship at Gateway Foundation in Lake Villa, Illinois. She is a Professional Psychologist, an Adjunct Professor for 2 graduate programs, a Blogger for the Huffington Post, everyday Power Blog, several other publications, and is a Contributor to the Chicago Tribune. She works as a consultant on medical cases, as well as tund trainings for others. She has recently published 4 books.