William Pullen a psychotherapist registered with the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) joins eHealth Radio and the Mental Health Channel. He also is the author of an interactive and instructive new book is Running with Mindfullness.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & guest William Pullen discuss the following:
- What prompted you to write this book?
- Dynamic Running Therapy ( DRT) takes us outside, into nature, and gets us moving. As a therapy, why is that so effective?
- Can you explain the role mindfulness plays in this therapy?
- Does DRT really work for clinical cases of depression and anxiety? Can this be done in place of medication?
- Do you have other materials to go along with the book — such as an app?
- What if you’re not in any shape to go running?
- Can you talk about any success stories — people who have escaped cycles of stress or chronically low mood with this approach?
- Is this program just for adults? Is there any way to extend it to families dealing with children or teenagers?
William Pullen is a psychotherapist registered with the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP). He practices Integrative therapy and specializes in the treatment of depression, anxiety, problems of self-esteem and confidence, and substance abuse. He has been featured in publications such as Vogue, The New York Times, and GQ. His interactive and instructive new book is Running With Mindfulness. You can follow William Pullen on Twitter @pullentherapy.