Cindy Sunday Powell the Executive Director of PACN (Pregnancy Assistance Center North) located in Spring and Conroe Texas joins eHealth Radio and the Mental and Children's Health Channels. Cindy discusses four resources every parent needs to know about to stop child abuse now.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels and guest Cindy Sunday Powell discuss the following:
- What are some factors why parents abuse their children?
- What should parents do if they feel like hurting their child?
- How can child abuse be prevented?
- What are the effects on survivors of child abuse?
- What should you do if you suspect a child is being abused?
Cindy Sunday Powell is the Executive Director of PACN (Pregnancy Assistance Center North). She has been with PACN for 23 years. Before working at PACN, Cindy worked in marketing for an international company, TRW. She lives in The Woodlands Texas with her husband, Dan. Cindy is the mother of two and grandmother of three. Her passion is for the underserved in her community.
4 Resources Every Parent Needs to Know About to Stop Child Abuse Now:
1. National Parent Hotline (www.nationalparenthelpline.org); 1-855-427-2736; parenting skills and crisis line.
2. Prevention & Early Intervention Program; home visitations for mentoring and educating.
3. Safe Haven Laws-places parents can take and leave their infants without facing criminal charges.
4. Child Help (childhelp.org); 1-800-422-4453; 24/7 hotline and crisis intervention, information and referrals.