Dr. Nikki Martinez, Psychologist and Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor again joins eHealth Radio and the Health Care, Health News & Psychology Channels to discuss preventing caregiver burn-out.
- We think a great deal about the patient with the chronic illness, but why is it so important to think about the caregiver as well?
- What are signs of caregiver burn-out?
- What can we do to help support the care-giver and prevent burn-out from happening?
- What is the grieving process that many caregivers go through?
- In what ways can the caregiver ask for help? Health Psychology is one of your specialties. How can someone reach you for help?
Dr. Nikki Martinez received her Masters and her Doctorate from Illinois School of Professional Psychology, and completed her pre-doctoral and post-doctoral fellowship at Gateway Foundation in Lake Villa, Illinois.
She is the Head of Clinical Development for www.DrNikkiMartinez.com, where she can be reached if you are interested in individual or couples work with her. She is an Adjunct Professor for 2 graduate programs, a Blogger for the Huffington Post, Everydaypowerblog, Older Dating, Success Stories, Sivana Spirit, Proud Stories, and a Contributor for the Chicago Tribune. She just published her first 8th book through Amazon.com.
The views and opinions expressed on any program are those of the persons appearing on the program and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of the eHealth Radio Network.