Carol D'Anca who is a Nutritionist with more than 20 years experience & author of the book Food, Not Meds, nutritional strategies for preventing and reversing heart disease joins eHealth Radio and the Nutrition Channel.
Listen to interview [audio player below] with host Eric Michaels & guest Carol D'Anca discuss the following:
- Between your life’s work as a nutritionist, leading a group, hosting trips and writing your book you are completely immersed in the world of heart disease. What fuels your interest with this disease?
- A food borne illness, it sounds too simple, do your really believe it’s a food borne illness?
- Is there any non-food based interventions that you suggest for people who want to prevent or reverse heart disease?
- When are you taking the groups and how can others find out more about them?
- What can they learn from reading your book?
Carol is the principal of her own company; Food not Meds. Her broadly based approach to helping others includes monthly meetings with a large urban group dedicated to preventing and reversing heart disease, educational webinars, public speaking and private consultations.
She is the author of her recently published book, Food not Meds available at Amazon, Kindle and other ebook formats.
For those wanting to immerse themselves in the lifestyle, cooking and community of an ancient culture promoting longevity, Carol regularly hosts culinary trips to an area of Italy where her family is from. These tours allow individuals the unparalled experience of briefly living the healthy “Mediterranean Way of Life.
After graduating with honors from the University of Wisconsin, Carol attended graduate school at Lake Forest Graduate School of Management, and then earned a Masters of Science Degree in Clinical Nutrition from Rosalind Franklin University of Science and Medicine/Chicago Medical School. Her professional associations include the American Nutrition Association and the Institute for Functional Medicine.
Related Web Site: www.foodnotmeds.com