September 27, 2018
Dr. John DenBoer of Smart Brain Aging, a company that has developed Brain U Online - one of the few "digital prescriptions" reimbursable to Medicare and shown to have a very positive effect on the quality of people's lives joins eHealth Radio and the Health News and Mental Health Channels.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels and guest Dr. John DenBoer discuss the following:
- How did you start your interest in studying Dementia?
- Can you explain please how Brain U Online works?
- What has been the benefits to Brain U Online in addition to it preventing memory loss and mitigate decline?
- Why has Brain U Online become one of the first "Digital Prescriptions" to be covered by Medicare?
- What do you see for the future of Brain U Online?
Dr. John DenBoer is a Clinical Neuropsychologist specializing in the assessment and detection of early-stage dementia. He received his internship training at VA Boston Healthcare System (Boston University School of Medicine/Harvard University) and received his postdoctoral training at Barrow Neurological Institute. He has published extensively in the area of Clinical Neuropsychology and has been an expert speaker at many local, national, and international conferences. He is the Founder, CEO, and Chief Medical Officer of SMART Brain Aging, Inc., a company designed to help prevent and intervene in mild cognitive impairment and early-stage dementia.
In the last 3 years he has become a world-renown speaker in the area of early-stage dementia detection and treatment. This has culminated in a Netflix documentary and corresponding book, entitled “This is Dementia?!“.
Websites: www.brainuonline.com | www.smartbrainaging.com
Social Media Links:
January 19, 2017
Health writer and nutrition educator Barbra Cohn again joins eHealth Radio and the Alzheimers Information and Nutrition Channels. Barbra is also the author of Calmer Waters: The Caregiver's Journey Through Alzheimer's & Dementia.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & guest Barbra Cohn discuss the following:
- You cared for your husband who had early-onset Alzheimer's disease for 10 years. What is the number #1 health concern that caregivers face?
- There are so many books about Alzheimer's, how is yours different and where is it available?
- You're a nutrition educator, as well as a health writer. Can you talk about some nutrition tips that help relieve stress?
- Your book includes 20 chapters on healing modalities and activities that care partners can do together to help them to relax and feel more connected. What did you and your husband do?
- What is the most important thing about providing care for someone with Alzheimer's disease?
- What tips can you give for instant stress relief?
Barbra Cohn is a health writer and certified nutrition educator who offers support to caregivers, guiding them to make healthy food and lifestyle choices. She cared for her husband for a decade before he died from younger-onset Alzheimer's disease. Afterward, she was compelled to write "Calmer Waters: The Caregiver's Journey Through Alzheimer's and Dementia to help caregivers feel happier, healthier, less stressed, more confident, sleep better and to experience inner peace.
Barbra has written hundreds of articles for national and regional publications and health newsletters including First for Women, Better Nutrition, Energy Times, Delicious! and YM magazine. She currently writes a blog called thehealthycaregiverblog (http://barbracohn.com) and is on the editorial board of Care Connections, a newsletter for caregivers.
As president and owner of Cohn Writing Solutions, Barbra writes sales copy, newsletters and articles, and analyzes scientific studies for cosmetics and nutritional supplement companies. In addition to holding a Master’s degree in professional writing, she has a Certificate in Nutrition from the Bauman College of Nutrition. When she is not writing, Barbra can be found hiking in the Colorado Rocky Mountains, dancing salsa and tango or playing with her adorable grandchildren. Email her at email@example.com.
Websites: www.barbracohn.com | www.cohnwritingsolutions.com
Social Media Links:
The views and opinions expressed on any program are those of the persons appearing on the program and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of the eHealth Radio Network.