Michael Walsh, Co-Founder and CEO of Cariloop, a Dallas-based company providing the world’s first fully-integrated, human-powered Caregiver Support Platform to help relieve the stress and anxiety of working caregivers joins eHealth Radio and the Health News Channel.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels and guest Michael Walsh discuss the following:
- Tell us a little bit about Cariloop and what you are doing with Facebook.
- Describe some of the challenges facing working caregivers and how these responsibilities impact work performance.
- Why is it in the employer’s best interest to offer caregiver benefits and support?
- Are these programs only for larger companies or can other sized organizations support working caregivers?
- Are there any other larger companies, other than Facebook, that are moving in this direction to help employees who have to care for loved ones?
Michael Walsh is the Co-founder, Chairman and CEO of Cariloop, a digital health and well-being company based in Dallas, Texas. Since its founding, Michael has helped Cariloop to successfully raise over $3.7 million in private investment capital which has given enabled them to recruit an incredibly passionate team of professionals and assist thousands of caregivers across the US with their life transitions.
Michael and Cariloop have been recognized by Entrepreneur Magazine (Entrepreneur 360), TexChange (One to Watch), Dallas Business Journal (Who’s Who in Healthcare), D Healthcare Daily (Innovation in Medical Technology), Aging 2.0 (Global Startup Search semi-finalist), Tech. co (Startup of the Year semi-finalist) and Becker’s Hospital Review (Healthcare Entrepreneurs to Know).
Michael has also served as the President of the Dallas Roundtable, founded the Dallas chapter of Health 2.0, and a holds a National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM) Certification in Personal Training (CPT).
He is a 2007 graduate of Purdue University.
Dallas-based Cariloop provides the world's first fully-integrated, human-powered Caregiver Support Platform to help working caregivers and families plan for and manage the care of their parents, grandparents, spouses, siblings, in-laws, and adult children. The Platform features a HIPAA-compliant, cloud-based application that helps families securely communicate across all devices and store important health, financial, and legal documents while having on-demand access to a dedicated Healthcare Coach who guides the families through the many decisions they make over the length of their caregiving journey.