Joanne Frogge, the President of BidMed, a healthcare technology company assisting clients globally to buy and sell medical equipment, using a proprietary data system and an innovative web-based software joins eHealth Radio and the Healthcare and Technology Channels.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels and guest Joanne Frogge discuss the following:
- Tell us about your industry and why you started this company.
- What services does BidMed provide and how do they solve problems that healthcare facilities are facing?
- Tell us about BidMed’s innovative technology products and how they support the services BidMed offers.
- Why would facilities have surplus assets, and in what situations do they face large-scale liquidations? Who buys surplus assets?
- Do you work with GPOs (Group Purchasing Organizations)? How can healthcare facilities utilize your services through GPO’s? What is the advantage?
Joanne Frogge is the president of BidMed, a technology leader in the healthcare asset disposition industry, specializing in the buying and selling of pre-owned medical equipment. BidMed’s goal is to create a transparent marketplace that helps healthcare facilities reduce their capital expenditures on procurement and maximize returns on disposition.
Joanne earned her B.S. in Mechanical Engineering and an MBA from Washington University in St. Louis. She began her career in the Aerospace Defense Industry, working as a Systems Engineer on a missile defense project. Joanne discovered her true passion was solving complex business problems, which led her to pursue an MBA and transition to the healthcare industry. Given the challenges facing the healthcare industry, Joanne recognized a tremendous opportunity in this space, and in 2012, co-founded BidMed.
With over 15 years of business management experience and a strong technical background, Joanne plans and executes BidMed’s strategic direction resulting in successful achievement of the company’s vision and financial goals. Joanne has been instrumental in attaining an annual average growth rate of 40% year after year since BidMed’s inception. On a day-to-day basis, she integrates and manages the company’s major business functions of technology, operations, finances and marketing. Joanne is member of ACHE, CHEF, and she founded and serves as the Executive Director of DonateMed, which provides medical equipment, supplies and medicines to community clinics in need.