Why transaxillary (underarm incision) breast augmentation using the Keller funnel is this doctor’s top choice for breast augmentation surgery
Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Dr. S. Larry Schlesinger, MD, FACS, joins eHealth Radio and the Plastic Surgery Information Channel to talk about why transaxillary breast augmentation using the Keller funnel is his preferred method for breast augmentation surgery.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & guest Dr. S. Larry Schlesinger discuss the following:
- Who is a good candidate for the transaxillary breast augmentation using the Keller funnel?
- Can you tell us why you prefer transaxillary incisions (incisions in the armpit) when performing a breast augmentation?
- How does recovery time for this procedure compare with other types of breast augmentation?
- Does it improve aesthetic outcome for patients? Does it cost more than other methods?
- Why should patients choose a surgeon who offers Keller funnel with breast augmentation? Tell us your thoughts in these regards.
S. Larry Schlesinger, MD, FACS, is a board certified plastic surgeon with more than 30 years of plastic surgery experience. After premedical studies at the University of Michigan and medical studies at the Medical College of Virginia, he served his surgical residency at Stanford University Medical Center and plastic surgery residency at the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center.
He is a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, a Diplomate of the American Board of Plastic Surgery, a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons, and an Active Member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS).
Considered an authority in his field, Dr. Schlesinger has made many presentations to the plastic surgery community as well as published numerous articles on cosmetic plastic surgery techniques and procedures. In addition to his reputation for delivering beautiful results, Dr. Schlesinger is also known for his warm bedside manner. A recipient of the Vitals Patients' Choice and Compassionate Doctor Awards, he is one of 100 physicians in the nation named to the prestigious RealSelf 100 List, and has received the Hawaii Medical Association’s Physician of the Year for Community Service for the State of Hawaii.