Dr. Antoine Kanamugire, a Canadian medical doctor specializing in psychiatry that discusses the unknown dangers of recreational marijuana joins eHealth Radio and the Health News Channel.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels and guest Dr. Antoine Kanamugire discuss the following:
- How does marijuana work in the brain? What are the side effects and long term results of mental health issues including depression, anxiety and suicide?
- What does society need to know about the impacts of marijuana in children and young adults? How do you discuss this issue with them?
- What are the risk factors of falling into addiction of marijuana and other drugs?
- How does marijuana affect the professional and social aspects of people's lives?
- Can you please explain the difference between medical marijuana and recreational marijuana?
Dr. Antoine Kanamugire, M.D. is a Canadian medical doctor, specializing in psychiatry. He pursued a bachelor's degree in biology in Pittsburgh, USA, then went to Canada where he completed a medical degree at the University of Sherbrooke and then a specialty in psychiatry at the University of Montreal. He is a consultant psychiatrist in outpatient clinics, in the Emergency Department and for mental health first line teams in Montreal suburbs.