Chris Bunka, the CEO of Lexaria Bioscience, a Lexaria Bioscience Corp.’s proprietary drug delivery technology, DehydraTECH™, that improves the way active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs) enter the bloodstream by promoting healthier ingestion methods and increasing the effectiveness of fat-soluble active molecules, thereby lowering overall dosing joins eHealth Radio and the Health News and Pharmaceutical Channels.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels and guest Chris Bunka discuss the following:
- Please tell us a little bit about yourself, how Lexaria Bioscience started and the development of the company’s technology?
- What exactly are DehydraTECH and its benefits?
- Can you talk about your recent announcement with British American Tobacco?
- What are fat-soluble active molecules and how can your technology lower overall dosing with pharmaceutical ingredients?
- What type of drugs and areas can DehydraTECH increase bio-absorption?
Lexaria Bioscience Corp.’s (OTCQX: LXRP, CSE: LXX) proprietary drug delivery technology, DehydraTECH™, improves the way active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs) enter the bloodstream by promoting healthier ingestion methods and increasing the effectiveness of fat-soluble active molecules, thereby lowering overall dosing. The Company’s technology can be applied to many different ingestible product formats, including foods, beverages, oral suspensions, tablets, and capsules.
DehydraTECH increases bio-absorption by up to 5-10x, reduces time of onset from 1 - 2 hours to 10 - 20 minutes, and masks unwanted tastes for orally administered bioactive molecules, including anti-virals, cannabinoids, vitamins, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), nicotine, and other molecules.
Lexaria has licensed DehydraTECH to multiple companies including a world-leading tobacco producer for the development of smokeless, oral-based nicotine products and for use in industries that produce cannabinoid beverages, edibles, and oral products. Lexaria operates a licensed in-house research laboratory and holds a robust intellectual property portfolio with 16 patents granted and over 60 patents pending worldwide.