Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels and guest Tom Ferries discuss the following:
- What should I look for when buying a sunscreen?
- What sets Beyond Coastal apart from other Sunscreens in the market?
- Why does Beyond Coastal have a Natural and Active line and what is the difference?
- Why does Beyond Coastal not make an SPF 50 or 100 sunscreen?
- Can sunscreen help prevent skin cancer?
- Use a Broad Spectrum SPF 15 sunscreen every day. Even on cloudy and overcast days 40% of the sun's UV rays reach the earth. A sun protection program should be used 365 days a year. Daily Active SPF 15 Sunscreen.
- Cover up with clothing (UV rated material is best), including a wide-brimmed hat, and UV blocking sunglasses. The sun can burn your eyes too!
- If possible limit your sun exposure between the hours of 10am to 4pm. UVA and UVB rays are most intense when your shadow is shorter.
- Keep in mind that snow, water and sand reflect UV rays intensifying your exposure.
- When playing or working outdoors use a broad spectrum SPF 30 sunscreen Active SPF 30 Sunscreen.
- Apply your sunscreen generously - 2 tablespoons, 1 oz. or a shot glass of sunscreen for the whole body. Apply it 30 minutes before going into the sun. This allows the sunscreen to absorb into the skin.
- Re-apply sunscreen often, at least every 2 hours, more if sweating or in and out of the water.Don't forget to apply sunscreen to highly exposed areas like your ears, lips, feet, hand and neck. These spots are often neglected and can burn easily. Beyond Coastal’s Natural SPF 30 Sunscreen. Natural and Active Lip Balm. Natural Lip and Face Screen.
- Keep newborns out of the sun, and use an all-natural sunscreen on babies over the age of six months. Never leave children exposed to the sun without adequate protection. Over-exposure and multiple sunburns early in life may lead to skin cancers later in life. Kids Natural SPF 30 Sunscreen.
- See your doctor every year for a skin exam. Examine you birthday suit on your birthday.
- Do not get sunburned.
What are you putting on your skin? Beyond Coastal provides the ultimate sun care for the outdoor athlete. We only use premium, antioxidant-rich inactive ingredients that protect, nourish, repair and hydrate your skin. Our line of Natural and Active sunscreen lotions and balms have broad-spectrum UVA/UVB protection and are 80 minutes water resistant.
Born in the surf raised in the mountains Beyond Coastal was developed by an avid skier/surfer. Although he and his friends wore sunscreen daily, some were still being diagnosed with skin cancer. After some initial research they found the sunscreen market was filled with greasy, chemical laden formulas that claimed to give broad-spectrum protection but did not actually have these ingredients in their formulas.
Today Beyond Coastal continues to produce the healthiest sun screens in both our Natural and Active lines as shown by the Environmental Working Group (EWG.org) Beyond Coastal is one of only two brands tested out of 500 plus brands that got top rating by the EWG for both it’s Natural and their Active sunscreen formulas.