Matt Meyer, the COO and Co-Founder of Waiākea Hawaiian Volcanic Water, the first sustainable and charitable premium bottled water of its kind joins eHealth Radio.
Listen to interview [audio player below] with host Eric Michaels & guest Matt Meyer discuss the following:
- Can you tell us a little bit about Waiakea and why it was started?
- What are some of the health attributes of your Volcanic Water and how does it different from other kinds of water?
- How does having a naturally high pH differ from the water brands that add particles to create their high pH waters?
- With the recent national health initiatives against sugary beverages, how do you see Waiakea helping to make healthier changes?
- Where can we purchase Waiakea?
Matt Meyer graduated from the University of Southern California in 2011 with a degree in Sustainable Policies and a minor in Hydrology. After leaving high school early to accept a full-scholarship to play football at USC, his football career was ended his freshman year due to multiple surgeries to repair bone fractures in his foot. Looking to find a new path in college, Meyer teamed up with his business partner and Waiakea co-founder, Ryan Emmons. From there the two set out to create the world’s first healthy, charitable, and sustainable bottled water of its kind, Waiākea Hawaiian Volcanic Water.
The product is currently available in West Coast retailers as well as online and will be available throughout the United States, Australia, and Asia early next year.
Matt plans on creating more products under the Waiakea brand, all focusing on health, sustainability, and charitable contributions.