Dr. Robert Bowen who specializes in Cosmetic Medicine and Body Contouring at his practice Dr. Robert Bowen and whose office is located in Martinsburg, West Virginia joins eHealth Radio Network and the Beauty and Plastic Surgery Information Channels. Dr. Bowen will be discussing Vampire Facial Treatments and procedures.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels and guest Dr. Robert Bowen discuss the following:
- What are Vampire procedures and which do you offer your patients?
- What is Platelet Rich Therapy (PRP) and is this a new procedure?
- What is involved in a Vampire Facelift and how does PRP play in the procedure?
- What is involved in a Vampire Facial?
- How does the patient and yourself choose which procedure is best for them?
Dr. Robert Bowen graduated from the University of Illinois College of Medicine, completed his residency in Internal Medicine at the University of Virginia, and fellowships in Critical Care and Pulmonary Medicine at West Virginia University. He has been in private practice in Martinsburg since 1984. Currently, he is a Clinical Associate Professor of Internal Medicine and Co-Director of the Internal Medicine clerkship at WVU Medical School, Eastern Division; the Medical Director of the Center for Wound Care & Hyperbaric Medicine at Berkeley Medical Center; and the Medical Director of his Cosmetic Medicine & Body Contouring private practice.
Dr. Bowen is one of the first physicians in the United States to be Fellowship-trained in Aesthetic Medicine. This fellowship, the Aesthetic Anti-Aging Fellowship of the American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine (A4M), provides comprehensive, expert, and hands-on training in aesthetic medicine techniques. Dr. Bowen is trained in cosmetic BOTOX injection, dermal fillers and facial sculpting, laser and light treatments, vein therapy, chemical peels, medical-grade skin care and body contouring.
The A4M fellowship program is accredited by the University of South Florida College of Medicine and the Ageless Aesthetic Institute, visit www.worldhealth.net and www.agelessaestheticinstitute.com for more information.
Dr. Bowen is board certified in cosmetic laser surgery by the American Board of Laser Surgery. He is also a Fellow of the American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery (ASLMS), an organization providing important world-wide leadership in laser research, education, technology and clinical knowledge.
Dr. Bowen has helped educate and train other physicians from all over the United States and several foreign countries in aesthetic procedures, including plastic surgeons and dermatologists.
Dr. Bowen is also a member of the American Cosmetic Cellular Medicine Association (ACCMA), a group of scientists, physicians, and nurse-practitioners that work together to discover and become experts at the best uses of cell biology to improve health and beauty through methods such as stem cells, peptides, glycosaminoglycans, retinoic acid, platelet rich fibrin matrix, and hormones.
Personally, Dr. Bowen has actively used positive aging principles in his career as a sprinter and track coach. He has competed around the world and has worked with world class athletes and the coaches at UCLA and Auburn Universities. He is a former national and world champion in distances from 100-400 meters and is the current world record holder in the 4×100 meter and 4×200 meter relay for men over 50.
Dr. Bowen’s Certifications and Boards:
- Diplomate, American Board of Anti-aging and Regenerative Medicine
- Board Certified in Cosmetic Laser Surgery by the American Board of Laser Surgery
- Fellow, American Society of Laser Medicine and Surgery (FASLMS)
- Affiliate, American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery (AACS)
- Certified Professional Member of the American Cosmetic Cellular Medicine Association
- RVPI, Register Vascular Physician Interpreter
- Board Certified in Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Medicine, and Sleep Medicine by the American Board of Medical Specialties
- Fellow, American Academy of Chest Physicians (FCCP)