David Light, Founder and CEO of Valisure, which is the first online analytical pharmacy that chemically validates medications for quality and consistency joins eHealth Radio and the Health News and Pharmaceutical Channels.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & guest David Light discuss the following:
- What is an online analytical pharmacy? What is the testing process for the medications Valisure dispenses?
- What was the inspiration and motivation behind founding Valisure? What is the need for a pharmacy like Valisure in the marketplace?
- Overseas manufacturing of drugs in India and China with limited FDA oversight is a pervasive issue, especially given the recent drug recalls of many blood pressure medications. What is the impact on these drugs to consumers and what should we, as consumers, be aware of?
- Where might quality control issues be identified in the pharmaceutical supply chain? What could be a possible solution to solve these issues?
- What do you see as the future of online pharmacies and how they deliver quality and service to consumers?
Summary: Valisure is the only online analytical pharmacy that provides consumers with chemically batch-tested medications. With 80% of all medications being manufactured in India and China, and on average three drug recalls a day in the U.S., it’s more important than ever before for consumers to have access to validated meds. Valisure’s mission is to bring transparency and increased quality to the pharmaceutical industry and to deliver these benefits direct to consumers.
David Light is a biotech entrepreneur and scientist with over 10 years of broad experience in the field. A graduate of Yale University, David studied molecular biology and has worked in a variety of scientific and business roles at start-ups like Synthetic Genomics, Ion Torrent and now Valisure. At Ion Torrent, David developed key technologies that directly led to the semiconductor DNA sequencing company's $725M acquisition and ran it's flagship technology programs through development and global commercialization.
As CEO of Valisure, David helped found, fund and invent Valisure's core proprietary technology. David is named inventor on numerous patents, published in journals including Nature and cover of Electrophoresis, is a member of the Forbes Technology Council, and is very passionate about entrepreneurship and improving public health.