Ray Estefania, Co-Founder and Executive Director of Family Recovery Specialists, an intensive outpatient program for adolescents and adults that also provides concierge crisis/case management and intervention services for all ages joins eHealth Radio and the Addiction Prevention & Health News Channel.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels and guest Ray Estefania discuss the following:
- When and how does drug abuse start and progress?
- How can you tell the signs and symptoms of drug use and drug addiction?
- What drugs commonly cause problems, and how do they affect the body?
- Why has America’s opioid epidemic gotten so much worse in recent years?
- Talk to me about your partnership with Miami Beach. What kind of value are you providing residents?
Mr. Ray Estefania is the former Director of South Miami Hospital’s Adolescent Addiction Treatment Program. His current role is Co-Founder and Executive Director of Family Recovery Specialists (Miami, FL), an intensive outpatient program for adolescents and adults that also provides concierge crisis/case management and intervention services for all ages.
Mr. Estefania has been working as an addiction counselor for over 20 years and was formerly the Adolescent Program Supervisor at Suburban Hospital’s Addiction Treatment Center in Bethesda, Maryland. He has worked extensively as drug abuse counselor and alcohol abuse counselor, interventionist and as a family therapist in the field of addiction treatment.
Mr. Estefania is a considered an expert in the field and frequently provides education and training to physicians, nurses, other mental health professionals, teachers and school administrators on topics related to addiction and recovery.