Dr. Devra Davis, Founder of the Environmental Health Trust and author of the widely popular book, Disconnect, that describes the growing concern of cellphone and WiFi radiation especially on children, pregnant women and fertility in young men joins eHealth Radio and the Health News Channel.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & guest Dr. Devra Davis discuss the following:
- Can you tell us why your group recently classified wireless radiation as a possible carcinogen ?
- How does this type of radiation affect women and children – how so?
- Your group leads for awareness for pregnant mothers, can you tell us about this?
- EHT is also advising young men in a campaign called “#SavetheMales and another for young women called “#SavetheGirls”. Can you elaborate on these efforts?
- Your group has designated a site to help consumers get valuable health risk warnings from all the popular gadgets today. Tell us more about that site if you would. (showthefineprint.org)
- How can we practice safer technology? Can you provide us with tips?
Dr. Devra Lee Davis, M.P.H., Ph.D, is recognized internationally for her work on environmental health and disease prevention. A Presidential appointee that received bi-partisan Senate confirmation, Dr. Davis was the Founding Director of the world’s first Center for Environmental Oncology and currently serves as President of Environmental Health Trust, a nonprofit devoted to researching and controlling avoidable environmental health threats.
National book award finalist, for When Smoke Ran Like Water, 2002, she lectures at universities in the U.S. and Europe and was the recent winner of the Carnegie Science Medal in 2010 and the Lifetime Achievement Award from Green America in 2012. Her 2007 book, The Secret History of the War on Cancer, details the ways that public relations strategies have undermined public health, and is being used at major schools of public health, including Harvard, Emory, and Tulane University.
Her recent book, Disconnect: The Truth about Cell Phone Radiation and Your Health, what the Industry has Done to Hide it, and What You Can Do to Protect your Family, Line was published in the U.S. and U.K. by Dutton, 2010, and has been released in Australia, India, Turkey, Taiwan, Finland, Estonia, China, and as a book on tape.
Awarded the Silver Medal from Nautilus Books for Courageous Reporting and picked by Amazon editors as a top pick of 2014. Her research has appeared in major scientific journals. Her research has been featured on CNN, CSPAN, CBC, BBC, and public radio.