Dr. Allan Peterkin, a beard scholar, author and Dove Men+Care Face Range expert again joins eHealth Radio and the Skin Care Channel to share tips for men on best ways to implement an everyday routine.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels and guest Dr. Allan Peterkin discuss the following:
- With the weather cooling off, what do guys need to keep in mind for their skin?
- For guys who are just stepping up their grooming game, what’s the best way to implement an everyday routine?
- What are some of the best ways men can keep winter facial hair looking polished and well-groomed?
- Shaving is tough on skin already – but especially for people with sensitive skin. What can guys do to minimize irritation such as razor burn and ingrown hairs?
- Where can guys get more information on products and grooming tips?
Facial hair expert and pognologist (beard scholar), Allan Peterkin, is known for his three bestselling books on facial hair, One Thousand Beards: A Cultural History of Facial Hair, The Bearded Gentleman: The Style Guide To Shaving Face, and One Thousand Mustaches: A Cultural History of The Mo. Dr. Peterkin is an academic and cultural historian who has tracked the history of facial hair on men over time (from pre historic, to Victorian to modern times) and so his books have become the authoritative references for factual information on the history of men's grooming, shaving and facial hair styles and trends.
Peterkin’s thoughts on the meanings of facial hair and men's contemporary styling choices have appeared in The New York Times, The New Yorker, Sports Illustrated, The Wall Street Journal, Men's Health, GQ and Esquire, as well as in documentaries from National Geographic and Morgan Spurlock ("Mansome" 2012). He also appeared as a judge at the 2014 World Beard and Mustache Championships held in Portland.