Monday Aug 08, 2022
The Benefits of Genetic Counseling during Pregnancy
Katie Sagaser, Director of Genetic Counseling at Juno Diagnostics, a women’s health company focused on improving equitable access to prenatal care joins eHealth Radio and the Female Health and Health News Channels.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & guest Katie Sagaser discuss the following:
- The company you work for, Juno Diagnostics, develops innovative solutions to improve access to health information, especially surrounding pregnancy. Can you tell us a little more about what the company does?
- You’re the Director of Genetic Counseling at Juno Diagnostics. Tell us more about your role and what a genetic counselor does?
- Why is genetic screening so important for pregnant women or parents trying to conceive?
- We hear Juno Diagnostics will be launching the Juno Birch™ Fetal Gender Test soon. What does this test do?
- Does Juno Diagnostics have any other products available?
Katie Sagaser, MS, LCGC, is the director of genetic counseling at Juno Diagnostics where she specializes in genetic testing and is devoted to advocating for equitable access to reproductive health services for all women.
Prior to joining JunoDx, she was an assistant professor of Gynecology & Obstetrics in the Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, where she worked as a reproductive genetic counselor for 6.5 years.
As a clinician, Katie provided comprehensive counseling to patients with a wide variety of prenatal and preconception genetics indications within the Johns Hopkins Prenatal Diagnosis and Treatment Center as well as within the Johns Hopkins Center for Fetal Therapy. She is also a member of the National Society of Genetic Counselors (NSGC), the Society for Maternal-Fetal Medicine (SMFM), the International Society of Prenatal Diagnosis (ISPD), and the Inter-Society Coordinating Committee for Practitioner Education in Genomics (ISCC-PEG).
Social Media Links:
To leave or reply to comments, please download free Podbean or
To leave or reply to comments,
please download free Podbean App.