Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels and guests Drs. Eric & Christine Weiss discuss the following:
- Tell us about your background, what do you do for a living and your inspiration for co-authoring Educating Marston?
- You have a son named Marston that is autistic. When did you first realize he was autistic and what did you feel at that moment?
- They say kids on the spectrum feel differently and have move issues with confidence and trouble in social situations. Is that true and tell us a bit more about that?
- Autism wasn’t widely talked about when you first got the diagnosis of Marston. How did you go about finding a way to help him?
- You indicate that stem cell replacement therapy helps autism. How has it helped Marston and do you feel it will ultimately be the wave of the future in helping autistic children?
- With Covid-19 you have no choice but to home-school right now. Are there any suggestions or tips you can provide for those struggling to help their children at home?
- How do you manage having a full time business, writing a book and having the time to do things with your family?
Dr. Eric Weiss is the founder of Northeast Florida Plastic Surgery Center and the co-author of the upcoming book Educating Marston. Dr. Weiss practices all aspects of plastic surgery including: breast reconstruction, cleft lip/palate, congenital malformations, trauma; as well as breast augmentation, tummy tucks, liposuction, fat grafting, etc. He has recently incorporated Umbilical Cord Blood/Stem Cells into his practice after seeing the incredible healing properties in his son Marston.
Dr. Weiss was born in Brunswick, Maine, but early on moved with his family to New York where he was raised. The family moved to St Petersburg, Florida; where he graduated from Boca Ciega High School. He graduated Magna Cum Laude from Davidson College with special attainments in chemistry and graduated from Duke University Medical School. He graduated from his general surgery residency from University California, Davis-East Bay. He graduated from his Plastic and reconstructive residency at University of Miami. After his formal education in medicine/surgery, Dr. Weiss entered the United States Navy as a Lt commander. His duty station was at the Naval Hospital in Jacksonville, Florida, where he was the staff plastic surgeon. He left the Navy in 1998 and has been in private practice(plastic surgery ) to the present.
Educating Marston comes out in the fall of 2020 and will be available for purchase.