Dr. Daniel Herron the Director of Women’s Imaging Mercy Radiology who has been practicing medicine for 26 years joins eHealth Radio and the Cancer Prevention and Health News Channels to discuss the SonoCiné AWBUS™ (Automated Whole Breast Ultrasound) examinations. The technology, detects small invasive breast cancers in women with dense breasts.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels and guest Dr. Daniel Herron discuss the following:
- Describe to our listeners what your primary responsibility is and what your specialty is in the field of medicine?
- I understand that there is a new technology on the market that catches small cancers in women with dense breast tissue. Can you describe the technology?
- How is ultrasound different from mammography?
- Why not use ultrasound on all women instead of mammography?
- How does a woman know if she has dense breast tissue?
- What is your advice to women for protecting their breast health?
- What questions should one ask their doctor to be sure they are getting the right breast cancer screening?
Daniel E. Herron, M.D. is the Director of Women’s Imaging Mercy Radiology. He has been practicing medicine for 26 years. Dr. Herron graduated from the University of Washington SOM in 1988. He practices medicine in Carmichael, CA and 4 other locations and specializes in Diagnostic Radiology. Dr. Herron is affiliated with Mercy San Juan Medical Center, Mercy Hospital Of Folsom, Mercy General Hospital and Methodist Hospital Sacramento.