John Gobbels, the Chief Operating Officer/Vice President and transport expert for MedjetAssist, the premier global air-medical transport membership program for travelers including college students once again joins eHealth Radio and the Travel Health Care Information Channel.
- What is MedjetAssist and how does it work?
- What are some common misperceptions about regular travel insurance, and how does Medjet fit in?
- What types of medical emergencies does Medjet typically handle? What are some of the different types of memberships that Medjet offers?
- What is the cost of a basic annual individual Medjet membership compared to the average cost range that non-members pay if they need a transport?
- Now that it’s springtime and families are starting to plan their summer vacations, how does the Medjet family membership work and what does it entail?
John Gobbels brings over 23 years of pre-hospital and hospital service and management experience to his role as vice president and COO of MedjetAssist.
Since joining the premier medical evacuation membership program in 2006 as director of transport operations, Mr. Gobbels has been responsible for complete oversight of all transport and repatriation operations.
Before moving from his hometown of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, to Medjet’s headquarters in Birmingham, Alabama, Mr. Gobbels spent 13 years with STAT MedEvac, the air ambulance arm of the renowned University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC). During his tenure, he played integral roles in almost all aspects of the program, from base operations to communications and clinical operations.
For six years Mr. Gobbels served as clinical director of STAT MedEvac, overseeing compliance with the Commission on Air-Medical Transport Systems (CAMTS), as well as the continuing education requirements for all clinical staff. Previously, he was a flight nurse and paramedic. Mr. Gobbels began his career with UPMC in 1991 as a critical care nurse.
Mr. Gobbels holds a Masters degree in Management and Information Technology from Carlow University in Pittsburgh, PA., as well as multiple degrees in health care.
Web Site: medjetassist.com