PR & Marketing For The Medical Community
with Angela O'Mara
Angela O'Mara the President of The Professional Image, Inc. a PR and Marketing Firm that has specialized in strategic marketing and high profile media campaigns for doctors and medical companies for over 24 years joins the show.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & Angela O'Mara discuss the following:
- What do you see as the most important aspect of marketing a physician or medical company should add to their practice?
- Why is PR considered to be so powerful?
- There are several popular TV shows featuring doctors. Can any physician be a guest on these types of shows?
- It seems that there is a trend in the medical community of moving toward elective surgery and concierge medicine. How can doctors improve their image so they can attract the type of patient interested in non-insurance treatments?
- We are seeing an increase in popularity of Facebook and other Social Media. What are your thoughts on how the medical community can embrace this new method of connecting with potential patients and how can they embrace it while maintaining their medical ethics?
- Tell me how do you work with doctors and medical companies in other parts of the country?
Angela O’Mara has over 24 years experience representing public relations (PR) clients to the national media. What began as a casual interest in understanding how people "get on TV," Angela has taken PR beyond simply spinning a story.
Her PR & Marketing Agency The Professional Image, Inc. works all television stations, and has successfully placed clients on ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, MSNBC, E! Entertainment TV, Extra, Entertainment Tonight, The Insider, The View, Good Morning America, The Today Show, CBS Early Show, The Oprah Winfrey Show, The Doctors, Dr. Oz, Telemundo, Univision and the BBC, to name a few.
Angela has also been equally successful showcasing clients in magazines and newspapers around the world. A frequent lecturer on how to effectively market a business, Angela specializes in strategic marketing and PR campaigns for business organizations and offers private media training and on-camera interviewing skills. Her office is in Irvine, California.
Note: The views expressed do not necessarily reflect the opinions or beliefs of the show host or it's owners.