Dr. Kevin Norige, the founder and chief dentist at South Windsor Smiles that takes the unique approach of working to prevent disease in the mouth that can affect the whole person joins eHealth Radio and the Dental Health Channel.
- "Healthy Smile, Healthier Life" is the mission of your dental practice. What is the connection between the mouth and the rest of the body?
- I'm stunned that Periodontal Disease has such an impact outside of the mouth. Do any of those conditions increase the risk of periodontal disease?
- At this point I think the obvious question is... what should I be doing to prevent periodontal disease?
- If I'm brushing and flossing every day, why is it important to get a dental checkup every six months?
- How many perio treatment appointments are needed to cure Periodontal Disease?
- What are the warning signs of Periodontal Disease?
Kevin H. Norige, DMD is the founder and chief dentist at South Windsor Smiles, a private dental practice that focuses on oral health as part of the whole body system. For 35 years he has worked with patients to achieve a healthy mouth and live a healthier life.
In 2007 Dr. Norige began working as a preceptor at the University of Connecticut School of Dental Medicine, teaching "Critical Thinking in Dentistry". Dr. Norige is Co-Chair of the Connecticut State Dental Association's Pregnancy Clinic at the annual Mission Of Mercy, and also maitains membership in the American Dental Association, the Hartford Dental Society, and the American Academy for Oral Systemic Health.
In 2015 Dr. Norige was honored to be inducted into the International College of Dentists, in recognition of his dental service in Nicaragua, Honduras, and Mexico.