New technology helps bystanders provide first response to bleeding victims before professional help arrives
Dr. Steven Swann, speaking on behalf of North American Rescue sharing the importance of Audio Bleeding Control Kits joins eHealth Radio and the Emergency Care and Health News Channels. As a trauma surgeon with the United States Army, Dr. Swann has experienced firsthand how rapid response to a life threatening bleeding injury can make the difference between life and death.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels and guest Dr. Steven Swann discuss the following:
- What is the Audio Bleeding Control Kit?
- If someone has a bleeding emergency, can't we just call 911 and wait for EMS to arrive?
- Has there been any call-to-action by Homeland Security and the White House that would empower the general public to respond when they are needed most?
- Can you explain exactly how this kit works?
- We all know we can't stop living our lives because we fear the possibility of events like an active shooting. What would you tell people to make them more aware?
Dr. Steven Swann is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons, a Diplomat of the American Board of Surgery, a graduate of the National War College, and also holds a Master Degree in National Strategic Studies. Throughout his military medical career, he has been at the forefront of advancing new tools and technology to provide the best care possible for our nations' warriors.