New Survey Finds the Majority of Consumers Are Unaware of the Risks Associated with Buying Prescription Drugs Online and Oppose Legalizing Importation from Canada
Libby Baney, Executive Director of the Alliance for Safe Online Pharmacies, a non-profit organization dedicated to making the Internet safe for consumers worldwide again joins eHealth Radio and the Pharmaceutical & Health News Channels.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels and guest Libby Baney discuss the following:
- What made ASOP Global decide to do this poll right now?
- What were some of the GENERAL findings from the new asop global survey?
- What's the danger in just searching for your medicine and ordering online?
- What are the risks associated with buying prescription drugs from illegal online pharmacies?
- Congress is considering legislation that would legalize the importation of prescription medicines from Canada. How do consumers feel about this issue?
- What were the top factors that changed their minds?
- What can people do to STAY SAFE OR SAVE MONEY when shopping for medicines online?
Libby Baney is the executive director of the Alliance for Safe Online Pharmacies (ASOP Global), an international non-profit organization based in Washington, D.C. which she founded in 2009. In this capacity, Libby leads ASOP operations, shapes public policy, and advocates for increased international attention to the issue of illegal online drug sellers.
A lawyer by training and health advocate by nature, Libby is a prolific speaker and writer, regularly engaging with diverse audiences on issues at the intersection of Internet technology and healthcare. She leads strategic workshops and speaks on these issues worldwide; writes policy documents; and interacts with international corporate leaders and policymakers.
Libby’s work spans multiple continents, which has been covered by local, national and international media outlets including The Wall Street Journal, The Washington Post, Politico, Roll Call, The Hill, The Los Angeles Times, USA Today, The Washington Times, The Indianapolis Star, Inside Health Policy, Pharmacy Today, ABC News, CNN, and C-SPAN.
In addition to her work for ASOP, Libby is a partner at FaegreBD Consulting and Counsel with Faegre Baker Daniels LLP where she works on Internet policy, intellectual property rights, pharmacy, telemedicine/telehealth, and pharmaceutical supply chain matters.