Wednesday Apr 05, 2017
New Guidelines on Low Back Pain Recommend Use of Non-Drug Treatments First Before Medications
Dr. William Lauretti, a media spokesperson at the American Chiropractic Association, the leading professional association representing chiropractors in the United States joins eHealth Radio and the Chiropractor & Health News Channels. Dr. Lauretti is also an associate professor at New York Chiropractic College.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & guest Dr. William Lauretti discuss the following:
- The American College of Physicians recently updated their guidelines for the treatment of acute and chronic low back pain. What changed, and why is the change significant?
- What is spinal manipulation and how exactly does it help those suffering from low back pain?
- What does the research tell us about spinal manipulation?
- Is spinal manipulation the only way that chiropractors can help people suffering from low back pain? What else do they do?
- How can one find a good chiropractor?
Dr. Bill Lauretti spent more than 12 years in private practice in Maryland before joining the Chiropractic Clinical Science faculty at New York Chiropractic College in 2005, where he is currently an Associate Professor. He has written numerous journal articles and textbook chapters about the risks of chiropractic neck treatments, and has lectured extensively on the topic. He has been interviewed by major news outlets about chiropractic risks, including CNN, The Boston Globe, The San Francisco Chronicle and Reuters News Service.
Dr. Lauretti received his Doctor of Chiropractic degree from Western States Chiropractic College (now University of Western States) in 1989. A Fellow of the International College of Chiropractors, he is a past recipient of New York Chiropractic College's Excellence in Teaching Award and ACA’s Presidential Award for Outstanding Achievement. He was also named the Maryland Chiropractic Association’s Chiropractor of the Year 2000, and is a past president of the Faculty American Chiropractic Association.
Social Media Links:
To leave or reply to comments, please download free Podbean or
To leave or reply to comments,
please download free Podbean App.