Wednesday Jan 11, 2017
MedjetAssist: Your premier global air-medical transport provider
John Gobbels, the Chief Operating Officer/Vice President and transport expert for MedjetAssist, the premier global air-medical transport membership program for travelers which is a great supplement to travel insurance again joins eHealth Radio and the Travel Health Care Information Channel.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & guest John Gobbels discuss the following:
- What is MedjetAssist, and how does it compare/contrast to basic travel insurance?
- What are some of the different kinds of Medjet memberships?
- With the recent attack in Germany, we are reminded that travel safety is very important. How would a Medjet membership benefit a traveler in Berlin at that time?
- As winter sports season has begun, would you recommend Medjet for skiers and snowboarders?
- Would Medjet cover snowbirds or students studying abroad who are away from home for an extended period of time?
John Gobbels brings over 25 years of pre-hospital and hospital service and management experience to his role as vice president and COO of MedjetAssist. Since joining the premier air-medical transport membership program in 2006 as director of transport operations, Mr. Gobbels has been responsible for complete oversight of all transport and repatriation operations.
Before moving from his hometown of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, to Medjet’s headquarters in Birmingham, Alabama, Mr. Gobbels spent 13 years with STAT MedEvac, the air ambulance arm of the renowned University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC). During his tenure, he played integral roles in almost all aspects of the program, from base operations to communications and clinical operations.
For six years Mr. Gobbels served as clinical director of STAT MedEvac, overseeing compliance with the Commission on Air-Medical Transport Systems (CAMTS), as well as the continuing education requirements for all clinical staff. Previously, he was a flight nurse and paramedic. Mr. Gobbels began his career with UPMC in 1991 as a critical care nurse.
John Gobbels holds a Masters degree in Management and Information Technology from Carlow University in Pittsburgh, PA., as well as multiple degrees in health care.
Web Site: medjetassist.com
Social Media Links:
To leave or reply to comments, please download free Podbean or
To leave or reply to comments,
please download free Podbean App.