John Gobbels, the Chief Operating Officer/Vice President and transport expert for MedjetAssist, the premier global air-medical transport membership program for travelers which is a great supplement to travel insurance again joins eHealth Radio and the Travel Health Care Information Channel.
- What is MedjetAssist, and how does it compare/contrast to basic travel insurance? What is the main differentiator?
- What are some of the different kinds of Medjet memberships? Are they appropriate for both leisure and business travelers?
- Medical emergencies don't discriminate. Does Medjet see a wide range of transport types from all ages, gender and locations?
- Medjet recently launched a new Horizon membership called "Medjet Horizon" which includes more than just the medical evacuation portion. What exactly does this membership entail and how would it be beneficial for travelers, especially in light of recent terrorist attacks?
- What are a few of the most important precautions that families can take to protect themselves while traveling this summer?
John Gobbels brings over 25 years of pre-hospital and hospital service and management experience to his role as vice president and COO of MedjetAssist. Since joining the premier air-medical transport membership program in 2006 as director of transport operations, Mr. Gobbels has been responsible for complete oversight of all transport and repatriation operations.
Before moving from his hometown of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, to Medjet’s headquarters in Birmingham, Alabama, Mr. Gobbels spent 13 years with STAT MedEvac, the air ambulance arm of the renowned University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC). During his tenure, he played integral roles in almost all aspects of the program, from base operations to communications and clinical operations.
For six years Mr. Gobbels served as clinical director of STAT MedEvac, overseeing compliance with the Commission on Air-Medical Transport Systems (CAMTS), as well as the continuing education requirements for all clinical staff. Previously, he was a flight nurse and paramedic. Mr. Gobbels began his career with UPMC in 1991 as a critical care nurse.
John Gobbels holds a Masters degree in Management and Information Technology from Carlow University in Pittsburgh, PA., as well as multiple degrees in health care.
Web Site: medjetassist.com